- New fixed rate cash ISAs
Operational Risk Officer
Location: Wimborne or remote
About the role
We are recruiting for an Operational Risk Officer to join a team forming part of the Society’s second line of defence
Your responsibilities will include
- Supporting the embedding of a robust risk management framework, including risk management and policy reviews;
- Providing independent oversight and challenge from a risk management point of view;
- To provide oversight, challenge and guidance in relation to the risk management processes, practices;
- To review methodology used for risk assessment and control and make suggestions for change as required;
- To assist the business in identifying risks by using appropriate methods such as workshops and brainstorming sessions;
- To assist the business so that risks and controls are accurately evaluated and recorded in the risk database;
- To maintain and enhance loss / risk event recording and reporting and, where possible, make recommendations to avoid further losses;
- To ensure that the business understands its appetite for risk enabling decisions to be made accordingly;
- To support the creation of accurate and meaningful reporting;
- To provide input to the Society’s projects from a risk management perspective as required;
- To provide oversight and challenge in relation to business continuity and operational resilience planning;
- To provide oversight and challenge in relation to processes and arrangements for outsourcing and third party risk management.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience of and a track record in 2nd line of defence operational and conduct risk management, preferably in financial services;
- Has knowledge and experience of embedding risk management frameworks;
- Has knowledge and an understanding of operational and conduct risk appetites and developing appropriate metrics for their measurement;
- Is a team player who actively participates in, and facilitates team effectiveness; taking actions that demonstrate consideration for the feeling and needs of others;
- Is decisive and shows tenacity, making timely decisions, offering judgments, taking action where appropriate and committing to a side or position;
- Has technical/professional knowledge maintaining a high level of skill in areas of expertise and performing tasks reliably, skilfully and accurately.
- Is persuasive, using appropriate techniques and approaches to overcome resistance and complaints.
- Can enable change by encouraging a positive attitude to change and taking the initiative to generate on new ideas. Recognises, considers and manages the risk of change. Focuses people, plans and activities in the right direction;
- Is an analytical fact finder, securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
- Takes action in which the dominant influence is one’s own convictions rather than the influence of others’ opinions and reactions.
To read the full role profile, please click here.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter (of no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter should summarise the experience and skills you have which would be an asset to this role and why you believe you should be shortlisted for this position.