- New savings rates from 1 July 2022
Join the teachers first time home buyers club
Welcome to the teachers first time buyers club
Stepping onto the property ladder is one of life’s big moments, but that shouldn’t mean it needs to be daunting or difficult. After saving a deposit, it’s natural that the excitement of being ready to buy mingles with nerves over how the process actually works.
Erase the unease: we’re here to guide you.
The Teachers Building Society home buyers club is a private club for teachers (and their partners) where we walk you through the home-buying journey one small, simple step at a time.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
What to expect from the club
With hints, tips, information and guides, our aim is to demystify the buying process and leave you confident, calm and in control.
Our buyers club is hosted on Facebook. If you're planning to buy in 2022? Click here to join around 2,000 other members already part of the Teachers Building Society's Homebuyers Club. Still saving? We have a 2023 group for those planning to buy next year.
How Teachers Building Society helps first time buyers
We don't stop there. For teacher first time buyers we pledge to:
- Offer mortgages for up to 5 times joint salary (only one needs to be a teacher);
- Offer mortgages with just a 5% deposit;
- Save our best (lowest) rates exclusively for teachers;
- Take teacher pay grades into account;
- Provide ‘fee free’ mortgage options;
- Offer mortgages to ECTs (NQTs), supply and contract teachers.
Topics and key stages of the buying process
From saving a deposit to making an offer, we’ve got your back. As a member of our club you’ll get access to content designed to help you navigate the first time buyer journey, including:
- Saving a deposit
- Working out how much you can afford to spend
- Finding a home and making an offer
- Making a mortgage application
- Getting professional support
- Arranging a completion date
- Arranging insurance
- Exchanging contracts
- Preparing for ownership
- Completion day
Please note: Mortgages are secured on your home. You could lose your home if you do not keep up payments on your mortgage. Terms and conditions apply. Mortgages are subject to underwriting and criteria. Please contact us for full details.