Notice 95 (issue 1)
- Competitive variable rate of 5.00% gross/AER
- Unlimited withdrawals (subject to 95 days' notice)
- PLEASE NOTE - This product is NOT an ISA
|Withdrawal options||Save up to (Max)|
|5.00%||Notice 95 (issue 1)||£1,000||95 days' notice||£250,000|
Notice 95 (issue 1)
What is the interest rate?
If your balance falls below the minimum operating amount the interest rate payable on the remaining balance for that calendar year will be equivalent to the Society's Extra Ordinary Account rate: GROSS/AER: 0.50% variable.
AER: Stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year
Can Teachers Building Society change the interest rate?
The interest rate for this account is variable, meaning that it can be changed at any time in accordance with sections 6.4, 6.5 and 6.6 of the applicable terms and conditions.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
The estimated balance after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit would be £1,050.00. This amount is based on the assumption that all terms and conditions for the account are met.
How do I open and manage my account?
Opening your Account
- The minimum opening balance and minimum operating balance for this account is £1000 with a maximum investment of £250,000 (subject to HM Revenue & Customs limits)
- This account can be opened online or by post
Managing your Account
- This account can be operated online, by phone or by post.
- You can register and log in to your account here once opened
Can I withdraw my money?
- Your interest is calculated daily and credited to your account annually (on 31st December)
- Withdrawals and closures may be made with no loss of interest following 95 days’ notice online, by phone or by post. Immediate withdrawals are not permitted
- This product may be withdrawn at any time and without notice
Open your account online
- Application takes minutes
- Minimum opening/operating balance £1,000. Maximum investment £250,000 (subject to HM Revenue & Customs limits)
Terms & conditions
We recommend that you review our savings T's and C's before completing an application form.